Friday, November 2, 2012

iPad mini with 4G on the way

I have been on the Verizon Share Everything plan since it first became available. The ability to share a big bucket of data accessible by multiple devices fits my gadget-flush lifestyle. I currently have a mobile hotspot, iPhone 4S, and an iPad 3 on the plan.

The plan lets me add new devices to the account for a simple monthly fee. All devices on the plan share a big bucket of data I pay for separately. I can add and subtract devices from the plan at will, which fits my revolving-door gadget lifestyle.

The ability to add the iPad mini to my data plan for just $10/month pushed me to order the cellular-capable tablet. I like using my bigger iPad everywhere without worrying about Wi-Fi, so the inexpensive monthly fee pushed me to buy the more expensive iPad mini. It's exactly as I predicted when shared data plans first appeared on the scene.

It may actually end up saving me money in the long run. The tiny form of the iPad mini means I can throw it in a pocket on any bag I carry. That means it will always be with me, and available to use as a hotspot for other devices. That will let me drop the Verizon mobile hotspot device from the plan, saving me $20 per month. I'll bet the iPad mini will serve as a hotspot via tethering for over 12 hours on a charge, too. Good thing the Share Everything plan includes tethering on all devices at no charge. -zdnet.com

Your Comments

0 Responses to "iPad mini with 4G on the way"